Oil

olive-oil-968657_640

The benefits of vegetable fats are known from today. Rapeseed, sunflower, flax and grape seeds have permanently supplanted frying in lard due to the numerous pro-health aspects. In this article, I decided to introduce another oil plant, which can permanently appear on our tables. I invite you to the following text – if you want to find out if it is worth taking interest in the oil.

What is oil oil?

Grain oil is the fat obtained in the seeding process of the seed meter. Very often, this plant occurs under the names of a camel, a lennica, a judge or a rydzyk. This plant is closely related to another, equally popular oily plant – i.e. oilseed rape. The oil itself is not a revolutionary product – until the middle of the 20th century it was a very common element of Polish cuisine. However, over time, it was supplanted by the already mentioned rapeseed and sunflower fat.

Grain oil – properties

The composition of the shortening oil is very easy to visualize. Suddenly 10% of this substance is saturated fatty acids. The remaining 90% is extremely important for human health unsaturated fatty acids. This is the perfect confirmation of the aforementioned fact that camelina oil shows close resemblance to rapeseed. Another equally important fact is that the oil in as much as 40.6% consists of alpha-linolenic acid. Due to this property, it is considered the second fat in the world in terms of the content of this compound (linseed oil is in the first place). However, when analyzing the mutual ratio of omega-6 and omega-3 fatty acids (0.41) contained in Judaic oil, it turns out that this product has no equal and obtained the best result so far.

Another and equally important feature of our fat health is the presence of vitamin E. As is well known, this type of vitamin is considered to be the most powerful antioxidant compound of our body. In addition to leveling a large amount of oxidizing compounds that contribute to the destruction of our cells or accelerate the aging process of the body, vitamin E also shows other properties. We are talking, among other things, about strengthening the walls of blood vessels, protecting erythrocytes against too rapid degradation and preventing the formation of blood clots. Vitamin E is also one from the basic elements of antiatherosclerotic prophylaxis.

Use of oil oil

The basic area of application of oil from camelina is, above all, gastronomy and culinary art. This product has a very original flavor, which is often referred to as a mixture of onion flavors, bitterness, spices and nuts. Therefore, it is most often used as an additive to groats, pasta, salads and cottage cheese. However, most often we find it among the main ingredients for preparing herring.

It is worth remembering that the oil should be mainly used cold. High temperature during thermal processing of dishes contributes to the destruction of the health-promoting substances contained in it, which are the essence of this product. Lincheed oil should be stored in a dry place and a dark place where the temperature is maximum 20ÂșC.

Opinions

The effectiveness of the oil oil was demonstrated first of all in the scientific work from 2002, in which the effect of consuming the dose was observed 30 grams of vegetable oil on the plasma lipoprotein concentration in people struggling with hyperlipidemia. The study lasted for six weeks, and the results confirmed that, regardless of the type of fat used, the concentration of LDL fraction decreases. Nevertheless, it is worth paying attention to the fact that the largest reduction was recorded in people consuming fat from flaxseed (12.2%), which overtook olive oil (7.7%) and often mentioned rapeseed oil (5.4%).

Posted on: January 10, 2020

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *