Diet without eggs? Why not?,
Fried, planted, cooked …. – there are plenty of ways to serve and use eggs in the kitchen. It is even said that an egg is a flagship product of Polish cuisine. It is difficult to imagine a situation in which one has to do without it. After all, how to prepare cakes, pancakes or make egg paste?
The battalions of experts about the allowed number of eggs in the diet last, last and last probably will be. One thing is certain – an egg (of good quality!) Is really a valuable product in your daily diet. It contains full-value and even exemplary protein, lecithin, xanthophyll, lutein, vitamins (A, D, E, K, from group B, folic acid) and minerals (including magnesium, iron, calcium especially in the shell which can be treated as natural supplement).
Eggs are liked by almost everyone and especially appreciated by athletes. Thanks to their form, they are great for a quick breakfast, lunch and dinner. They can successfully replace a portion of meat, fish or dairy products. They are a valuable addition to vegetarian diets that allow them to be eaten.
– thicken soups, sauces, creams,
– fluff up the prepared mass and give it a proper structure,
– emulsify and bind shredded products.
There are, however, situations where eggs need to be dispensed eg in the case of food allergies, or a conscious choice is made to exclude them from the diet for reasons such as ethical or dietary views. In such cases, you must use the so-called egg substitutes. This is not about ready replacement mixtures, but about natural products that are often found in our homes!
For the preparation of cakes and desserts, as substitutes for 1 piece of egg, they work best
– 1 medium banana, preferably mature, crushed
– about ¼ cup of pumpkin, potato or sweet potato purée (fruit / vegetable mashed potatoes have a tendency to thicken – for the dish to have a lighter consistency, you can additionally use ½ teaspoon of baking powder)
– ¼ cup of soft tofu (also works well for dry bakery products, because it has a fairly neutral flavor) – tofu fits perfectly as a substitute in “egg” dishes, perfectly imitates the consistency of eggs and thanks to the black salt takes on an egg flavor
– 2-3 tablespoons of chickpea flour or other flour soy, corn, oat flour (spoon)
with 1-2 tablespoons of water
– 1 tablespoon of finely ground linseed with 2-3 tablespoons of water (mixed ingredients should be left to allow the mass to soak)
– 2 tablespoons of potato starch
– 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar with 1 teaspoon of baking soda (makes the cakes soft and delicate)
The most important thing is that before preparing a cake or dessert, make sure that the taste of the substitute used will be in line with the whole planned dish.
For gluing and gluing
In the case of preparing some chops, pancakes or dumplings, the addition of eggs can simply be omitted and will not adversely affect the structure of the dish. When the “gluers” can not be omitted, you can use them
– tablespoons soya flour with 1-2 tablespoons of water
– a teaspoon of agar mixed with a teaspoon of water
– bread crumbs
– 2 tablespoons of chickpea flour
– brewed oatmeal or oat bran
Preparing the breaded meal is not a problem – the possibilities are really a lot and all taste good! They work
– breadcrumbs / wheat flour – it is best to coat coarsely and fry in hot oil
– breadcrumbs made of cornmeal or chickpea flour – mix the flour with hot water, in such quantity that the mass resembles cream; the semi-finished product should be coated in the dough and then in breadcrumbs and fry
– cereal, bran, sesame, crushed nuts
Without eggs in the kitchen you can really “survive”. Beginnings can be difficult, require learning a different style of cooking and getting used to a new taste, but you can get used to it quickly and forget about the existence of eggs!
In the next article we will invite you to delicious and classic dishes (eg “egg” !!) without using eggs! )Posted on: August 7, 2018